BTS attended the 76th United Nations General Assembly on September 20 as guest speakers at the 2021 Sustainable Development Goals Moment session. They addressed the assembly as representatives of today’s youths, all around the world!
All the BTS members stood up on stage and delivered a presentation together, speaking on the world’s response to COVID-19. The seven boys returned after three years to address world leaders at theÂ 76thÂ United NationsÂ General AssemblyÂ âUN SDG Momentâ inÂ New York.Â
BTS During 2021 SDG Moment Session
At the 2021 Sustainable Development Goals Moment session, South Korea’s president Moon Jae In personally introduced the BTS members ahead of their performance, calling them “the artist most loved around the world.”
BTS attended this session being guest speakers and as South Korea’s special envoys for future generations and culture and the BTS Army was head over heels for their favorite K-Pop Boy Band.Â
BTS presented and spoke on issues related to COVID-19 concerning today’s generation and their futures ahead, as well as the youth’s role in advancing climate change goals. During the presentation, BTS affirmed that today’s youths deserve to be recognized as a “welcome generation”, not a “lost generation”.
Permission To Dance
In addition to this, BTS unveiled a mesmerizing performance of their superhit single “Permission to Dance” live from the United Nations Headquarters in New York City!
BTS Most Inspiring Quotes From 76th UNGA Speech
- 1. âThis isnât the lost generation but the generation who makes excellent moves with the limited choices they got.âÂ â RM
- 2. âThere were times during the past two years when I too felt bewildered and troubled, but still, we had people who cried out âletâs live on, letâs make the best of this moment.’âÂ â Jin
- 3. âWe canât stand still when we are in the ideal time of our lives to take on new challenges. It wasnât as if you could blame anyone. You must have felt the frustrationâ¦ the world changed like if we were transported in a flash to a parallel one.â â Jimin
- 4. âIt was a time for us to mourn, for the things that this pandemic took away from us, a time to discover how precious each and every moment we had taken for granted was.â â Suga
- 5. âEveryone agrees that Climate Change is an important problem but talking about the best solution might be, thatâs not easy. Itâs a topic that is tough to make conclusions about.â â J-Hope
- 6. âI learned that there are many young people interested in environmental issues and choose it as their field of study. The future is unexplored territory, and thatâs where we, more than anyone, will spend our time. And they are searching for the answers.â â RM
- 7. Choices we make may not be perfect, but that does not mean there will be nothing we can do.â â Suga
- 8. Rather than calling this corona generation a âlost generation,â the term âwelcome generationâ is more suitable. we will be a generation that welcomes change.âÂ â Jin