Apple has just officially rolled out its latest iPhone operating system, iOS 17.1. The beta version was already operating on many devices from last month but now the rollout of the new iOS has become official. With Apple enthusiasts now playing with different features of their iPhones to see what’s new with the latest update, we cover everything you need to know about iOS 17.1
The new iOS update is bringing a host of new features to users worldwide. One of the standout features is the ability to continue AirDrop transfers over cellular connections, a handy addition for iPhone users on the move. This feature was initially announced at Apple’s developer conference and is now available for everyone after a stint in beta.
In addition to this, iOS 17.1 introduces several minor tweaks and improvements. Music lovers also have a good news with te new iOS 17.1 update. The Apple Music app is getting an upgrade! iOS 17.1 is going to allow users to add songs, albums, playlists, and artists to their library. This enhances the music experience and refines the app’s recommendation algorithms, tailoring music suggestions to individual tastes.
Furthermore, the StandBy feature has also been enhanced and some bug fixes have been implemented by Apple, providing users with greater control over when the phone’s display turns off in smart display mode.
The new iOS 17.1 also comes with some region-specific updates, such as integration with the UK’s Open Banking API, enabling users to view their bank balances directly in the Apple Wallet app. This integration aims to resolve regulatory issues faced by iPhone 12 users in France, ensuring a seamless experience.
According to the official Apple website, the summary of the new iOS 17.1 is as follows:
- Content continues to transfer over the internet when you step out of AirDrop range
- New options to control when the display turns off (iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max)
- Favorites expanded to include songs, albums, and playlists, and you can filter to display your favorites in the library
- New cover art collection offers designs that change colors to reflect the music in your playlist
- Song suggestions appear at the bottom of every playlist, making it easy to add music that matches the vibe of your playlist
How to update to IOS 17.1?
To update your device to the latest iOS, follow these simple steps: Go to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone and follow the prompts to install iOS 17.1. While these updates usually roll out gradually, keep an eye on your Settings app for a notification icon indicating the update’s availability.