Netflix will soon lose an important collection of classic anime content such as the InuYasha and Naruto movies.
It’s certainly a heart ache for the fans but to be clear whether these shows are leaving the platform forever, you need to read further. Here’s a list of what anime movie leaves, when it leaves and is it a forever decision?
It is necessary to highlight that with anime content on Netflix, licenses are often difficult to follow and that removal of a show is not always permanent. We’ve seen such examples through animes like Attack on Titan.
List Of InuYasha Movies Leaving Netflix
Netflix US is the only region to have a collection of InuYasha movies at the moment and you should be aware that the main series is not exiting from the platform(Netflix UK recently acquired the rights to the series recently as well).
- Inuyasha the Movie: Affections Touching Across Time (2001) – The story revolves around a powerful demon who has been caged for 200 years. But with the resurrection of the demon, the future of the earth is at stake.
- InuYasha: Movie 2: Castle Beyond the Looking Glass (2002) – With their seemingly invincible enemy now no more, InuYasha and his friends return to everyday life. But peace will soon be a thing of the past.
- InuYasha: Movie 3: Sword of the Honorable Ruler (2002) – The Great Dog Demon left one of Fang’s three swords to each of his two sons to inherit. But what about the third one? Now the evil power of the third sword is doing its job.
- InuYasha: Movie 4: Fire on Mystic Island (2004) – Ai is a young incomplete demon who fled Horai Island to try to help his community returns with potential rescuers InuYasha, Sesshomaru and Kikyo.
List Of Naruto Movies Leaving Netflix
This Naruto anime movies removal applies to both Netflix in the United States and Canada although both have different titles. Netflix Canada in particular is not set to lose the major TV series.
- Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow (2004) – Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura think that they will be protecting a beautiful character from injury while she is busy making her next film, but it turns out that she is a princess.
- Naruto the Movie 2: Legend of the Stone of Gelel (2005) – While on a mission to retrieve a lost animal, Naruto and his fellow ninjas were attacked by brutal knights led by the mysterious Temujin.
- Naruto the Movie 3: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom (2006) – Ninja Naruto joins his friends Sakura and Kakashi to safely transport Prince Michiru and his son, Hikaru, to the Crescent Moon kingdom.
- Naruto Shippûden the Movie: Bonds (2008) – When strange ninjas invaded the village of Konohagakure, it was the responsibility of ninja Naruto and his long lost partner, Sasuke, to save the planet.
- Naruto Shippûden the Movie: The Will of Fire (2009) – With the destruction of four of the five ninja villages happens, the survivor’s leader tries to find the real criminal and defend his village.