Zoe Sugg is also known by her YouTube name, Zoella is an English YouTuber, vlogger, businesswoman, and author. She started posting on Youtube in 2009 which has now garnered more than 10 million subscribers. The YouTuber then launched Zoella Beauty which became the biggest beauty launch of that year. She has another channel on YouTube which has about 4.9 million subscribers.
The beauty vlogger has reportedly a net worth of about $8 million. The majority of her wealth has been made by her fashion and beauty blog and her beauty channel. Her published books and make-up line have also helped.
|Full Name:||Zoe Elizabeth Sugg|
|Born:||28th March 1990|
|Country of Origin:||England|
|Source of Wealth:||Beauty blog/ YouTube/ Makeup Line/ Books|
|Net Worth:||$8 Million|
Zoe Sugg was born on 28 March 1990 in Lacock, Wiltshire. The influencer had attended The Corsham School and Art College and left school with A levels in art, photography and textiles. However, she did not go to university because she wasn’t sure about what she should pursue next. One of the other reasons for that was also her anxiety disorder.
She is also the older sister of YouTuber Joe Sugg. So how did it all start for this influencer? The beauty guru had started out when she was working as an intern in an interior designing company. This is when she began the journey of blogging and filming videos and ended up creating her blog, Zoella. By the end of the year, Zoe had a thousand followers and had over 540 million total visits on her website.
The blogger started documenting her life and wrote about makeup and fashion. She expanded her YouTube channel in 2009 while she was working for the British clothing retailer, New Look. The influencer had a channel named “zoella280390” which included beauty hauls, fashion and her talking about her favourite products. Meanwhile, her other channel, MoreZoella has more of her vlogs where she takes the audience through her routine. Both the channels proved to be a hit and helped her increase her fan following.
Zoe also started appearing with other influencers as part of the show, Daily Mix which only helped her to be friends with celebrities. This is when she started collaborating. After her success on Youtube, the influencer signed a contract with Penguin Books and launched her first book, Girl Online. The book also became the fastest-selling book of a debut novelist and broke records becoming the best-selling.
After the success of her first book, she released a sequel to her debut, Girl Online: On Tour. She then launched her first non-fiction book, Cordially Invited which was a guide on hosting guests for all seasons and occasions. The YouTuber then launched a range of beauty products under Zoella Beauty and also launched homeware products.
How Much Money Does Zoe Sugg Make?
Since Zoe Sugg has over 11 million subscribers on YouTube combining both her channels, she garners over 1.1 million views(as of 2020). The YouTuber uploads at least a video per week and gets about 1.5 million views within the first 7 days. This translated into her earnings would mean that she garners $120 every day, i.e. $44,000 per year.
As for her second channel, MoreZoella, it has over 4.9 million subscribers. The videos on the second channel garner over 900 million views. The videos are able to get an average of 200,000 views per day which means it gets revenue of around $1,600 per day, i.e. $580,000 per year.
She has also branched out into lifestyle websites as she sells beauty and lifestyle products, collaborates with big brands like ColourPop Cosmetics, Etsy, and sells books. The influencer also makes money off of her separate business ventures, sponsored posts on her social media channels, and ad revenue from her YouTube channel.
It’s been reported that the vlogger can earn up to £250,000 for a sponsored YouTube video, although the social media influencer industry is known for question marks around top stars’ earnings. There is no set pattern on working out what to credit for each piece of sponsored content so without Zoella herself verifying the figures this is just a guess.
Zoe Sugg’s Career Highlights
- Zoe created her personal blog, Zoella while working as an apprentice at an interior designing company which gained thousand followers in 2009.
- Zoe expanded her fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog into a YouTube channel in 2009.
- Back in 2013, Zoe was mentioned in The Telegraph as one of the most influential tweeters in Britain.
- In 2013, she was named one of the National Citizen Service’s ambassadors.
- In 2014, she was named as the first ‘Digital Ambassador’ for Mind, which is a mental health charity.
- The launch of Zoe’s beauty brand, Zoella Beauty was “the biggest beauty launch of the year” as per Metro.
- Zoe became the director of ZS Beauty Ltd. since 2016.
- In September 2016, Sugg released a collection of homeware products, including stationery, candles and reed diffusers.
- The Zoella Beauty and Zoella Lifestyle products were discontinued in 2020.
- Zoe signed a two-book deal in 2014 with Penguin books and released her debut novel Girl Online. The novel has gained the highest first-week sales for a debut author since 1998. A sequel to Girl Online, titled Girl Online: On Tour, was released on 20 October 2015. A third book, Girl Online: Going Solo, was published on 17 November 2016.
- Zoe featured in various billboards, television, and print advertisements by YouTube in the UK since 2014.
- In late 2016, Sugg and brother Joe released a range of branded merchandise called ‘Sugg Life’, created in collaboration with The Creator Store.
- Zoe and Alfie Deyes are directors of A to Z Creatives and A to Z Merchandise, a Brighton-based brand agency, which they founded in 2018. They are also directors of Crew Live Limited.
- Zoe’s non-fiction book, Cordially Invited, offering advice on entertaining guests at home and planning celebrations, was published by Hodder & Stoughton in October 2018.
- In February 2019, it was announced that Zoe had worked on a limited edition makeup range with ColourPop Cosmetics, based on 70s fashion.
- Zoe announced that she co-developed a mobile photography app in 2019 with Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman. In the same year, she announced Template, which was another editing app for Instagram stories.
- In August 2020, Z collaborated on a homeware range with Etsy, featuring products co-curated by herself and independent Etsy sellers.
Famous Quotes From Zoe Sugg
- “Sometimes you have to face up to your fears to realize that they aren’t actually real.”
2. “Every time you post something online, you have a choice. You can either make it something that adds to the happiness levels in the world—or you can make it something that takes away. I tried to add something by starting Girl Online. And for a while, it really seemed to be working. So, next time you go to post a comment or an update or share a link, ask yourself: is this going to add to the happiness in the world. And if the answer is no, then please delete. There is enough sadness in the world already. You don’t need to add to it.”
3. “I’ve decided that I’m not going to try to squeeze myself into a friendship that hurts me anymore. I’m going to let her go and just be friends with people who make me feel good about myself.”
4. “For every sad thing you think of, you should think of three happy things to chase it away.”
5. “Sometimes the hero of the fairy tale isn’t a handsome prince. Sometimes it’s you.”
6. “But then I wondered if sometimes our friendships are a bit like clothes and when they start feeling uncomfortable it’s not because we’ve done anything wrong. It just means that we’ve outgrown them.”
7. “Love-struck’ means being hit in your heart by the emotion of love.”
8. “We all have one life and we can choose how we want to live it. It’s important you realize that, no matter what anyone else says or how people may try to influence things, it’s ultimately down to you… only YOU can live for you. You can’t live in someone else’s shadow or permanently try to please someone else, then what do you have to show for it? You won’t have any of your own accomplishments, you won’t reach your personal goals, and you’ll only be ticking someone else’s boxes for them. If there is something in life that you really want to do, then do it. You’ll only ever live this day once in your lifetime, so start now.”
9. “One thing I’ve learnt recently is that blowing out someone else’s candle doesn’t make yours shine any brighter.”
10. “I have this dream that, secretly, all teenage girls feel exactly like me. And maybe one day, when we realize that we all feel the same, we can all stop pretending we’re something we’re not…”
11. “When you cry in front of someone when you show them your most vulnerable side, it shows that you really trust them.”
12. “You’d be surprised how rare loyalty is, sometimes.”
Things You Didn’t Know About Zoe Sugg
- Zoe Sugg struggles with anxiety. One of the reasons she decided not to enroll in the university after her primary education is because she struggles with anxiety.
2. Zoe Sugg has a famous brother, who is known as ThatcherJoe. He is a vlogger, actor, singer and author. He’s been in famous productions and she’s got more than 7 million subscribers.
3. Zoe Sugg’s blog was a part-time thing. She knew fashion, beauty and style and she was working towards her goal when she began Zoella. The influencer had no idea that it would become so huge and grow immensely as the blog began to get a lot of followers and gained popularity.
4. Zoe Sugg has had controversies too. She was caught filming while she was driving. The influencer cleared that she was in mostly stationary traffic but also filmed herself on the road, driving. She received immense criticism for the same and even the police got involved in the incident. She also got in trouble for a round-up of sex toys on her blog. AQA dropped the influencer from their lineup because they felt that her teenage audience was not ready for this content.
5. Zoe Sugg is not a big fan of London nightlife. She doesn’t drink as much and the last time she was drunk was at the age of 18. Since then, Sugg keeps the alcohol intake to a minimum.
6. Zoe Sugg had her very own book club. She started the club called, Zoella and Friends and she posts various book recommendations for people who would like to read.
7. Zoe was a Hufflepuff in the Harry Potter movies. The influencer was one of those fortunate children who lived near the sets of Harry Potter. The production needed extras so they contacted Sugg’s school. She was seated in Potions Class as a member of Hufflepuff.
8. Zoe Sugg is a published author. So far, Zoe Sugg has published three novels and a seasonal guide. The first book she published was on November 25, 2014, under the name Girl Online. The second book Girl Online: On Tour arrived on February 23, 2015, and the third Girl Online: Going Solo on November 17, 2016.
9. Zoe has her own beauty line. Like almost every YouTuber, Sugg has her line of merchandise. The large range of products varies from body scrubs, lip oil, body wash, and body sorbet to stationery books and journals. The line is very sweet with a nice colour palette and it is very affordable. There is something for everyone to enjoy as they take their pick.
Zoe Sugg’s Relationship Status
This beauty influencer is not single as she is with her longtime boyfriend, Alfie Deyes. They first met each other at a meet and greet in 2012 and the couple went public with their relationship the next year itself. Ever since then, the two have been together and are currently expecting a baby girl later this year.
They have rarely talked about their relationship but often post adorable pictures of them on their social media account. Zoe and Alfie moved in together after possibly two years of dating each other. They were suspected of being engaged after the influencer posted a picture with a ring but Zoe refuted the rumours and currently, they are becoming three.
Zoe Sugg is the perfect inspiration for everyone who wants to enter the beauty world. She is living proof that you can do multiple things and still find success. This influencer is loved and is about to start her family soon, yet she strides towards success and makes it all look effortless.