Chou Tzu-yu, known mononymously as Tzuyu, is a Taiwanese singer based in South Korea. She is the youngest member of the girl group Twice, formed by JYP Entertainment.Â On September 28, KST,Â L’OfficielÂ Malaysia has announced thatÂ TWICE‘sÂ TzuyuÂ will be the cover star for October.Â
L’Officiel Singapore has unveiled a special teaser with their October issue cover star Tzuyu on Instagram.
In 2015, Tzuyu participated in the South Korean reality television showÂ Sixteen, hosted by JYP Entertainment and co-produced by Mnet. As one of nine successful participants, she went on to join the newly formed girl group Twice. Unlike the other winners of Sixteen, she was selected based on audience voting.
About TWICE and Tzuyu
- She was discovered byÂ JYPÂ at the MUSE Performing Arts Workshop in Tainan in 2012 and traveled to South Korea on November 15 to begin her education.
- She was not originally planned to participate in the Sixteen idol survivor program. However, she replaced Lena, a former JYP trainee.
- The color representing She in TWICE group is blue.
- She acted in GOT7âs âStop Stop Itâ MV and miss Aâs âOnly Youâ MV.
- Tzuyu shares a room with Dahyun and Chaeyoung as maknaes in TWICE dormitory.
- She is the earliest sleeper and earliest to rouse up in TWICE members. What did they say, the early bird will get ahead.
- She is TWICEâs maknae.
The Taiwanese K-pop star has release a cover of Taylor Swift and Brendon Urieâs âME!â next at midnight Korea time Monday (June 28), which means 11 a.m. ET Sunday for fans in the U.S. A 10-second teaser video for the cover, which features theÂ TWICEÂ singer in a room full of balloons as a snippet of the song plays, was posted to YouTube Tuesday (June 22), and already has more than 1.7 million views.
The cover comes as part of TWICEâs Melody Project, a series of covers from individual members of the K-pop girl group posted on their YouTube channel. Designed to showcase each of the nine membersâ solo abilities, the project dates back to 2016.