WWE's Top Talent Is Supposedly Requesting Release

WWE’s Top Talent Is Supposedly Requesting Release

Roderick Strong supposedly demanded his WWE NXT release, but the company has plans for future creative projects. According to the source, Strong has requested his release several times in the last few months. However, it has been reported that WWE has denied the request.

The experienced pro wrestler is said to have become dissatisfied with many aspects of WWE in the last year, prompting him to request his release. Strong was reportedly approached by WWE about changing his name, but he refused. Many people within WWE were amazed that Strong wasn’t included in NXT discharges made last Friday, as he has made it clear that he wishes to leave the company.

Strong travelled to England in March for a brief stint in NXT UK, trouncing Wolfgang on the March 17 taped show before falling flat against NXT UK Champion Ilja Dragunov on the April 7 taped episode.

Strong lost SmackDown dark matches to LA Knight and Tommaso Ciampa in January, and a WWE Main Event lost opportunity to T-BAR that very same month, but there really is no statement on whether he’s being regarded for a main roster run. His most recent NXT 2.0 TV singles match was a loss to Solo Sikoa on March 22, and the following week he competed in the Second Chance Triple Threat for a spot in the NXT North American Title Ladder Match at Stand & Deliver, which also featured A-Kid and indeed the winner, existing NXT North American Champion Cameron Grimes.

Strong re-signed with WWE

He re-signed with WWE fairly soon before Diamond Mine stable made its debut that same year, according to reports. He was supposed to be part of a group that included his wife Marina Shafir, manager Malcolm Bivens, trainer Hideki Suzuki, Tyler Rust, and Arturo Ruas, but less than a year later, Strong is the only member of the original stable still with the firm.

WWE actually began a storyline in which Strong stated that he hoped to create adjustments to The Diamond Mine so that it will not fail like The Undisputed Era appears to have done. WWE let go of Bivens last week, along with 9 other budget cuts, and the group is now made up of Strong, The Creed Brothers, as well as Ivy Nile.

Strong is said to have handled creative issues in a professional manner from week to week. Is was stated that WWE officials have no plans to release Strong at this time because he is a part of upcoming inventive plans.

Sheena Bhandari is a Pro Wrestling Editor and enthusiast, working here at Clout News.