WWE’s flagship pay-per-view event, WrestleMania 36 was unique and different from the previous years. For the first time, the wrestling event took place with no crowd due to the unfortunate novel coronavirus outbreak all over the world. The WWE universe was expected to be in large numbers at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida, but with all the proper precautions, it was held in the closed sets at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando and other unnamed locations.
The fans had no idea and WrestleMania 36 came out to be a huge surprise for them. It was a two-day event which began on Saturday night and continued till Sunday. WWE’s biggest show of the year, however, missed a lot of action from the live crowd. The Deadman Undertaker’s win over AJ Styles was the biggest highlight from night 1 of WrestleMania 36. Many users on social media expressed their displeasure over the match calling it an action film or a video game. The other big highlight was Braun Strowman’s victory over Goldberg for the WWE Universal Championship.
The night 2 from WrestleMania 36 saw Charlotte Flair’s victory over Rhea Ripley for NXT Women’s Championship. Drew McIntyre also defeated the beast incarnate Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship thus creating a history of becoming the first-ever British WWE Champion. Besides this, The Rated-R Superstar Edge defeated the viper Randy Orton in a classic Last Man Standing match. However, we feel that WWE should have just delayed their biggest show to further date which would have been a grand success then. All in all, WrestleMania 36 was a very mediocre event this year.
Check out the complete results from WrestleMania 36 below:
NIGHT 1 (SATURDAY)
- Cesaro def. Drew Gulak via pinfall (Kickoff match)
- Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross def. Kabuki Warriors via pinfall to become the new WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions
- Elias def. King Corbin via pinfall
- Becky Lynch def. Shayna Baszler via pinfall to retain WWE Raw Women’s Title
- Sami Zayn def. Daniel Bryan via pinfall to retain WWE Intercontinental Title
- John Morrison def. Kofi Kingston and Jimmy Uso to retain WWE Smackdown Tag Team Title
- Kevin Owens def. Seth Rollins via pinfall in a No Disqualification Match
- Braun Strowman def. Goldberg via pinfall to become the new WWE Universal Champion
- The Undertaker def. AJ Styles via burial in a Boneyard Match
NIGHT 2 (SUNDAY)
- Liv Morgan def. Natalya via pinfall (Kickoff match)
- Charlotte Flair def. Rhea Ripley via submission to become the new WWE NXT Women’s Champion
- Aleister Black def. Bobby Lashley via pinfall
- Otis def. Dolph Ziggler via pinfall
- Edge def. Randy Orton via 10-count in a Last Man Standing Match
- The Street Profits def. Angel Garza and Austin Theory via pinfall to retain WWE Raw Tag Team Titles
- Bayley def. Sasha Banks, Lacey Evans, Tamina and Naomi via pinfall in a Fatal 5-Way Elimination Match to retain WWE Smackdown Women’s Title
- The Fiend “Bray Wyatt” def. John Cena via pinfall in a Firefly FunHouse Match
- Drew McIntyre def. Brock Lesnar via pinfall to become the new WWE Champion