Newcomers dominate Netflix’s top ten movies and TV shows this week, with five new names emerging on the streaming giant’s public list almost immediately.
The newly created “Netflix Top 10” website ranks all of Netflix’s accessible features based on viewership, with the top ten pieces of material updated weekly to reflect ongoing viewing trends.
The top ten sites, which went live on Tuesday, November 9th, 2021, also include the ranked viewership statistics described above, which dates back to June 28th, 2021, when the feature was originally added to the Netflix smart TV interface.
Top 10 Movies & TV Shows
Netflix’s Top 10 streaming list includes all licensed movies and TV shows, as well as original content from the company’s production studios. Netflix has now stated that it will now utilize the total number of hours viewed instead of the previously used two-minute viewing metric to calculate its Top 10 list during a highly publicized earnings call in October 2021. To get different regional and cultural results, you can filter the Netflix Top 10 by country and/or language.
10. Love Hard (9,780,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 6,744,827 – An LA writer discovers she’s been catfished after meeting her perfect match on a dating app and flying 3,000 miles to surprise him for Christmas.
9. Central Intelligence (10,520,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 6,831,168 – A former high school buddy (True Story’s Kevin Hart) with accounting skills is contacted by a CIA operator to assist in the deconstruction of a lethal plot against US undercover agents.
8. Extinct (13,320,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 10,741,935 – When two Flummels (a cute fluffy animal species) are magically transported to the current day, they discover that their species has become extinct and forgotten. They must now journey back in time in order to prevent their race’s destruction.
7. Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (14,670,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 9,284,810 -While on the run as a fugitive from the authorities, a battle-weary Jack Reacher (Tom Cruise) must uncover the truth behind a big government plot in order to clear his name.
6. The Croods (15,850,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 11,485,507 – An unworldly prehistoric family is forced to go over unknown terrain in quest of a new home after an earthquake destroys their cave.
5. The Princess Switch 3: Romancing the Star (16,250,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 11,524,822 – When a rare Christmas relic is stolen, Margaret and Stacy seek help from bold doppelgänger Fiona and her dashing ex-boyfriend.
4. A Castle For Christmas(20,870,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 15,123,188 – A best-selling novelist flees a scandal by traveling to Scotland, where she falls in love with a castle and clashes with the cranky duke who owns it.
3. A Boy Called Christmas (26,820,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 18,755,244 -Nikolas (Henry Lawful) is an ordinary young boy who goes off on an expedition into the frigid north in pursuit of his father, who is on a quest to find the famous elven village of Elfhelm. Nikolas arrives at his destination, accompanied by a tenacious reindeer named Blitzen and a devoted pet mouse.
2. Bruised (47,700,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 16,448,275 – Jackie Justice (Halle Berry) is a disgraced MMA fighter who has failed at the one thing she has ever done well: fighting. When Jackie’s 6-year-old son Manny (Danny Boyd Jr.), whom she left years ago, arrives at her doorstep, she must face her own issues.
1. Red Notice (50,650,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 32,677,419 -An Netflix’s next big-budget film, an FBI profiler seeking the world’s most wanted art thief becomes his reluctant partner in crime to catch an elusive crook who’s always one step ahead.