YORKTON, Sask. — Staff Brad Jacobs have made it three in a row within the Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling.
The Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., membership captured their third consecutive title within the collection after keeping off Toronto’s Staff John Epping 6-5 Sunday for the Meridian Canadian Open males’s championship on the Gallagher Centre.
Jacobs, who captured the KIOTI Tractor Tour Problem and BOOST Nationwide to wrap up 2019, cashed in $35,000 plus 12 Pinty’s Cup factors. Kevin Martin, Glenn Howard and Brendan Bottcher are the one different skips to win three straight Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling titles within the males’s division.
“It put us into a fairly elite group of athletes who’ve achieved three in a row, so it’s actually particular,” Jacobs mentioned. “We’re enjoying very well proper now. What can I say? I’m not stunned with the whole lot that we’ve been implementing as a workforce and I believe proper now the important thing for our workforce is simply the six inches between our ears. I believe all people has acquired an excellent mindset and I do know I’m sort of like a damaged file saying that time and again however I actually suppose we’ve been growing an excellent world-class mindset and the outcomes have adopted that.”
It’s the seventh profession GSOC title for Jacobs, lead Ryan Harnden and second E.J. Harnden whereas it’s the 15th for Kennedy, who joined the crew this season after taking final yr off. Staff Jacobs certified for the playoffs by way of the A Occasion of the triple knockout stage and completed the week with an unblemished 6-Zero file.
“There’s little question these occasions are extraordinarily tough to win,” Jacobs mentioned. “It’s arduous to win one not to mention a number of. The groups are unbelievable, particularly on the lads’s facet. There’s a lot parity among the many Canadian males and some of the Europeans, so it’s tough.
“I believe we’ve applied an excellent sport plan that has additionally attributed to a bunch of success. We’re attempting new issues on a regular basis, we’re open-minded to attempting new issues and it has paid off.”
It was wanting like Jacobs was going to run away with the sport early changing for a deuce within the first and stealing two within the third to construct a 4-Zero lead. The 2014 Olympic gold medallist additionally led 5-1 after 5 till a surging Epping erased the deficit counting a few factors in six and stealing two in seven to tie it.
Epping got here shut however couldn’t full the comeback with Jacobs holding the hammer within the remaining body and drawing for the championship.
It was deja vu with Sweden’s Staff Anna Hasselborg additionally finishing the feat within the ladies’s division with a 7-5 extra-end victory over Staff Min-Ji Kim of South Korea earlier Sunday. Hasselborg joined Rachel Homan as the one ladies’s skips to have received three titles consecutively.
“Superb actually,” Hasselborg mentioned. “To be trustworthy, we struggled this week however what’s cool with this workforce is we discover a approach to simply again up one another and pull out some actually nice wins. I’m actually, actually pleased with the workforce effort this week and actually pleased with how we’re placing the playoffs collectively.”
Jacobs and Hasselborg now goal to make it 4 straight when the Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling season resumes with the Princess Auto Gamers’ Championship, April 7-12, at Ryerson’s Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto.
- Mandeep Singh on being Youngest Social Media Manager from Haryana, India
- Ahead of Golkeri’s release, here’s all you need to know about director Viral Shah
- Anil Kapoor and Harshvardhan Kapoor in ‘Abhinav Bindra Biopic’
- Tara Sutaria’s Movie Date With Ranbir Kapoor’s Cousin
- Affraa Taffri actress Khushi Shah gets a special gift from an ardent fan; read more!
- Filmfare Awards 2020; Gully Boy Won 13 Black Lady
- Sara Ali Khan’s Muse Avatar For Designer Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla
- DPIFF CEO Abhishek Mishra Commenced Beach Cleaning Drive At Dana Pani Beach
- Gujarat’s Vishal Parekh Popularly Known As Vishal DOP Sheds Light On His Roller-Coaster Journey Of Becoming An Actor
- Young Climate Strikers join worldwide Protests on Valentine’s Day
- Model turned actress Sherine Singh geared for her upcoming Bollywood project
- Hobbi The Pinterest Competitor Launched By Facebook
- Kaliwae Talks About Being A Woman In The Rap Game
- Jeweler Leo Frost Makes Custom Pendant for NBA’s Tyler Herro
- Malang Star Cast Meet At A Kumal Khemu’s House For Dinner
- Vicky Kaushal And Bhumi Pednekar’s Love Before The Dark
- Biggest Upset in Delhi Election 2020 – AAP Wins
- Top Celebrity Role Models REVEALED!
- Ali Levine & Justin Jacaruso – Gender Reveal Bravolebrities From Stripped
- Ali Levine & Justin Jacaruso’s Gender Reveal Party
Entertainment6 days ago
Emcee Nisha Shetty Has A Million-Dollar Advice For The Ones Who Want To Quit Their Jobs To Follow Their Passion
Lifestyle4 days ago
Jeweler Leo Frost Makes Custom Pendant for NBA’s Tyler Herro
Entertainment5 days ago
Ali Levine & Justin Jacaruso – Gender Reveal Bravolebrities From Stripped
Lifestyle3 days ago
Kaliwae Talks About Being A Woman In The Rap Game
Bollywood6 days ago
Kartik Aaryan And Sara Ali Khan Featured On Dance Plus 5
Bollywood1 day ago
Sara Ali Khan’s Muse Avatar For Designer Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla
Entertainment5 days ago
Vicky Kaushal And Bhumi Pednekar’s Love Before The Dark
Bollywood6 days ago
Malang Star Cast Meets For Dinner In Bandra