YORKTON, Sask. — Staff Brad Jacobs have made it three in a row within the Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling.
The Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., membership captured their third consecutive title within the collection after keeping off Toronto’s Staff John Epping 6-5 Sunday for the Meridian Canadian Open males’s championship on the Gallagher Centre.
Jacobs, who captured the KIOTI Tractor Tour Problem and BOOST Nationwide to wrap up 2019, cashed in $35,000 plus 12 Pinty’s Cup factors. Kevin Martin, Glenn Howard and Brendan Bottcher are the one different skips to win three straight Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling titles within the males’s division.
“It put us into a fairly elite group of athletes who’ve achieved three in a row, so it’s actually particular,” Jacobs mentioned. “We’re enjoying very well proper now. What can I say? I’m not stunned with the whole lot that we’ve been implementing as a workforce and I believe proper now the important thing for our workforce is simply the six inches between our ears. I believe all people has acquired an excellent mindset and I do know I’m sort of like a damaged file saying that time and again however I actually suppose we’ve been growing an excellent world-class mindset and the outcomes have adopted that.”
It’s the seventh profession GSOC title for Jacobs, lead Ryan Harnden and second E.J. Harnden whereas it’s the 15th for Kennedy, who joined the crew this season after taking final yr off. Staff Jacobs certified for the playoffs by way of the A Occasion of the triple knockout stage and completed the week with an unblemished 6-Zero file.
“There’s little question these occasions are extraordinarily tough to win,” Jacobs mentioned. “It’s arduous to win one not to mention a number of. The groups are unbelievable, particularly on the lads’s facet. There’s a lot parity among the many Canadian males and some of the Europeans, so it’s tough.
“I believe we’ve applied an excellent sport plan that has additionally attributed to a bunch of success. We’re attempting new issues on a regular basis, we’re open-minded to attempting new issues and it has paid off.”
It was wanting like Jacobs was going to run away with the sport early changing for a deuce within the first and stealing two within the third to construct a 4-Zero lead. The 2014 Olympic gold medallist additionally led 5-1 after 5 till a surging Epping erased the deficit counting a few factors in six and stealing two in seven to tie it.
Epping got here shut however couldn’t full the comeback with Jacobs holding the hammer within the remaining body and drawing for the championship.
It was deja vu with Sweden’s Staff Anna Hasselborg additionally finishing the feat within the ladies’s division with a 7-5 extra-end victory over Staff Min-Ji Kim of South Korea earlier Sunday. Hasselborg joined Rachel Homan as the one ladies’s skips to have received three titles consecutively.
“Superb actually,” Hasselborg mentioned. “To be trustworthy, we struggled this week however what’s cool with this workforce is we discover a approach to simply again up one another and pull out some actually nice wins. I’m actually, actually pleased with the workforce effort this week and actually pleased with how we’re placing the playoffs collectively.”
Jacobs and Hasselborg now goal to make it 4 straight when the Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling season resumes with the Princess Auto Gamers’ Championship, April 7-12, at Ryerson’s Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto.
- Nora Fatehi, one of the fastest growing celebrities, both in terms of Bollywood and Brand endorsements
- Read What Entrepreneur Rajesh Utmani Has To Say On Featuring Well-Known Influencers In His Films
- Rakul Preet Singh’s Casual Look For Sunday Lunch
- TIGER SHROFF AND SHRADDHA KAPOOR PROMOTE BAAGHI 3
- Highest Viewership Rated Korean Dramas On Netflix: Top 5 Korean Dramas
- Mira Rajput And Neha Dhupia Flag Off Mumbai Pregathon: First Group Race-Walking for Pregnant Womens
- According to Ido Berniker success in real estate starts when you believe you are worthy of it
- Meet Dimplle S Bathija – Mumbai’s Renowned Makeup Artist Who Is Known To Give The Best Bridal Looks!
- Iseko Summers 2020 Goes To Mexico! The Ultimate Event For All Business Minds To Be Held From July 16 – July 20, 2020
- Chase Campbell’s Brand ‘Size Up’ Sets Its Throne In The Supplement And Apparel Market
- Kartik Aaryan Riding High On Success
- Gaurav Gaikwad is setting high standards as Blogger in India
- Hrithik Roshan and Kiccha Sudeep Walks Off With Best Actor and Best Promising Actor At Dadasaheb Phalke Film Festival Awards 2020
- Franky Diamond explains why the Jesus pendant is revered in Hip-hop
- Indian Origin Entrepreneur Karishhma Mago Has Elevated the Digital Marketing Game
- Imperium Group’s CEO Shazir Mucklai To Exclusively Represent Justin Bieber’s Brand Drew House
- Vijay Devarakonda And Ananya Panday Welcomed Each Other To Their Respective Film Industries
- Kaki West Swid: Accomplished Model Transitioned into Writer, Following Her Father & Brother’s Footsteps
- Youngest Digital Marketer – Afzal Anis Is Helping Businesses Grow Online
- Reviews Of Bhoot Part One: The Haunted Ship, Vicky And Bhumi Hosted Special Screening
Technology5 days ago
Medical Technology in 2020: the latest on Tech, Biotech and Beauty Tech in the Medical Space
Bollywood6 days ago
Nollywood-Bollywood picture ‘Namaste Wahala’: First poster out, Check now
Business1 week ago
PayPal scam emails led to damages of over £1M
Influencer5 days ago
Youngest Digital Marketer – Afzal Anis Is Helping Businesses Grow Online
Business3 days ago
Indian Origin Entrepreneur Karishhma Mago Has Elevated the Digital Marketing Game
Technology5 days ago
Fintech Mogul Thomas Carter Predicts Trillion Dollar Cryptocurrency Market Cap in 2020
Entertainment2 days ago
Mira Rajput And Neha Dhupia Flag Off Mumbai Pregathon: First Group Race-Walking for Pregnant Womens
Bollywood1 week ago
LAKME FASHION WEEK 2020 HIGHLIGHTS