There has been a lot of talk about there not being any free service at all in the world. Basically, the argument is that we do get free services from the likes of Google and Facebook but they are not free in the sense that we do give our data to them. Therefore, a lot of studies have been conducted to see how much free service is worth to people around the world. Also, the impact of free service on an economy has also been examined.
Now, the Federal Reserve in the US has joined in on this debate. According to a report by the CNBC, the Fed is trying to figure out how much free internet services are worth to the economy. The report mentions that if the answer is found, it could help the central bank solve one of the most puzzling paradoxes of the modern economy. It is known that the productivity gains have been weak and GDP growth is not stellar despite the fact that current expansion is longest in history.
Fed Chairman Jerome Powell raised the possibility that the problem is with the data itself in a speech this week. He said that the measurement of GDP is done on the basis of the value of products and services that are bought and sold. However, we have seen that the greatest technological innovations of the internet age are free. For example, we have Search engines, e-mail, GPS and services like Facebook and Twitter which are free to use. Powell added that “Good decisions require good data, but the data in hand are seldom as good as we would like,”.
According to a survey, a month’s usage of Snapchat was valued at about 2.17 euros. LinkedIn was just 1.52 euros. But people would pay a whopping 536 euros to use WhatsApp for a month while they were happy to give up Twitter for free.
- Nora Fatehi, one of the fastest growing celebrities, both in terms of Bollywood and Brand endorsements
- Read What Entrepreneur Rajesh Utmani Has To Say On Featuring Well-Known Influencers In His Films
- Rakul Preet Singh’s Casual Look For Sunday Lunch
- TIGER SHROFF AND SHRADDHA KAPOOR PROMOTE BAAGHI 3
- Highest Viewership Rated Korean Dramas On Netflix: Top 5 Korean Dramas
- Mira Rajput And Neha Dhupia Flag Off Mumbai Pregathon: First Group Race-Walking for Pregnant Womens
- According to Ido Berniker success in real estate starts when you believe you are worthy of it
- Meet Dimplle S Bathija – Mumbai’s Renowned Makeup Artist Who Is Known To Give The Best Bridal Looks!
- Iseko Summers 2020 Goes To Mexico! The Ultimate Event For All Business Minds To Be Held From July 16 – July 20, 2020
- Chase Campbell’s Brand ‘Size Up’ Sets Its Throne In The Supplement And Apparel Market
- Kartik Aaryan Riding High On Success
- Gaurav Gaikwad is setting high standards as Blogger in India
- Hrithik Roshan and Kiccha Sudeep Walks Off With Best Actor and Best Promising Actor At Dadasaheb Phalke Film Festival Awards 2020
- Franky Diamond explains why the Jesus pendant is revered in Hip-hop
- Indian Origin Entrepreneur Karishhma Mago Has Elevated the Digital Marketing Game
- Imperium Group’s CEO Shazir Mucklai To Exclusively Represent Justin Bieber’s Brand Drew House
- Vijay Devarakonda And Ananya Panday Welcomed Each Other To Their Respective Film Industries
- Kaki West Swid: Accomplished Model Transitioned into Writer, Following Her Father & Brother’s Footsteps
- Youngest Digital Marketer – Afzal Anis Is Helping Businesses Grow Online
- Reviews Of Bhoot Part One: The Haunted Ship, Vicky And Bhumi Hosted Special Screening
Technology5 days ago
Medical Technology in 2020: the latest on Tech, Biotech and Beauty Tech in the Medical Space
Bollywood6 days ago
Nollywood-Bollywood picture ‘Namaste Wahala’: First poster out, Check now
Business1 week ago
PayPal scam emails led to damages of over £1M
Influencer5 days ago
Youngest Digital Marketer – Afzal Anis Is Helping Businesses Grow Online
Business4 days ago
Indian Origin Entrepreneur Karishhma Mago Has Elevated the Digital Marketing Game
Technology5 days ago
Fintech Mogul Thomas Carter Predicts Trillion Dollar Cryptocurrency Market Cap in 2020
Entertainment2 days ago
Mira Rajput And Neha Dhupia Flag Off Mumbai Pregathon: First Group Race-Walking for Pregnant Womens
Bollywood1 week ago
LAKME FASHION WEEK 2020 HIGHLIGHTS