Lindsay Buckingham has surprised the fans by announcing the release of his first ever solo album after leaving Fleetwood Mac.
The band’s former lead guitarist took to social media earlier today (June 8) in order to announce that he will be releasing his self-titled seventh album, due later this year.
“My new self-titled album is one I’ve been intending to get out for a couple of years now, but on more than one occasion, unforeseen circumstances necessitated a postponement of plans,” Buckingham tweeted.
“Now that we’re back in gear, I’m thrilled to finally be sharing new music with my listeners!”
Buckingham is expected to follow the album release with a new single titled ‘I Don’t Mind”, on 17 September, as well as a list of U.S. tour dates in 2021.
Buckingham will start his US Tour in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on September 1 and will end on the 20th of December in Boulder, Colorado.
The tour will have stops in New York city, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Austin, Dallas, and other cities.
Tickets are on-sale this Friday (11th of June) at 10am local time and can be found with one search on google!
Buckingham’s Band Days
Buckingham was kicked from Fleetwood Mac in 2018. The band continued to tour, with Tom Petty’s Mike Campbell and Neil Finn of Crowded House replacing Lindsay’s guitarist role.
In March, it was reported that the Fleetwood had reconciled with him and he told that he expected a reunion would soon happen.
Previously, Fleetwood had been adamant that his former bandmate would never be allowed to rejoin the band.
Asked in an interview if it may be so that they can see the his return and to play with Buckingham again, Fleetwood said, “No. Fleetwood Mac is a strange creature. We’re very, very committed to Neil and Mike, and that passed away a time ago, when Lindsey left. And it’s not a point of conversation, so I have to say no.”