One of the leading names among the economists, Portia Antonia Alexis is widely recognized as a successful social scientist of her generation. Having worked as a business analyst in McKinsey & Company and Newton Asset Management, she formerly worked at Bank of America and Merrill Lynch as an analyst covering Mergers and Acquisitions. With her interest in Mathematics and Economics, she pursued her post-graduate degree in Economics and is also a member of the Department of Economics, The London School of Economics and Political Science. Moreover, she has been extensively doing research on Economic Mobility and Income Inequality. As a child, she wanted to become an equestrian or a ballet teacher but later she had her inclination towards Mathematics.
Her love for Mathematics took her to a completely different world and today she uses Mathematical Economics to analyse solutions of income inequality. “I was raised in a diplomatic industrialist family where my parents taught me to on using my love of numbers to analyse solutions to improve the greater well-being of society. I chose to focus on what I call ‘people economics’. The world is going through a period of great transformations and it is essential to understand it in more or less close history. This return to social and economic legacies, globalisation and the emergence of the environment are all keys to understanding the difficulties that confront humanity to successfully move forward” says Portia.
Today she is one of the significant names who is analysing economic issues using Mathematical methods. By ‘people economics’, she makes an attempt to tell people their stories using mathematical economic methods. Besides this, she has also made some significant contributions to racial disparities and analysing the methods used to measure human well-being. Some of her important works are Crash Course: Economics (2015), The Academic Agent (2017), Generation Wealth (2018). The business analyst also writes the weekly Economic column for Forbes magazine which talks about the economic issues and how to deal with it.
- The Complete Music Evaluation of Kaashi
- Anil Kapoor says Forrest Gump adaptation was picthed by him to Kundan Shah
- Celebrity Photographer Jeremiah Davis Setting Benchmarks Traveling With The Chainsmokers
- The Complete Evaluation of Thugs Of Hindostan
- Tremendous Bowl mismatches: Two chief considerations for Kansas Metropolis
- Suchitra Krishnamoorthi applauds Priyanka Chopra for not hiding her stomach – Grammy 2020
- Starbucks closes half of China shops as virus hits
- Trump Unveils Peace Plan for Middle-East
- It’s getting bigger and better, says Jatin Sarna on his encounter with superstar Kamal Haasan at 83′ poster launch
- The Kibo Code Reviews, VIP Bonuses. $491 Off & Its Surprising Results after 30 Days
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Fact Sheet and latest from China and Worldwide
- Team Affraa Taffri visits Surat and Ahmedabad to promote their upcoming horror comedy
- Tiger Shroff’s recommendation to sister Krishna Shroff on her birthday – “don’t get married till you might be 80”
- Karan Johar, Kangana Ranaut, and Ekta Kapoor are overwhelmed and humbled as they’re honoured with the Padma Shri award
- Kabir Khan Speaks About Patriotism and His New Present The Forgotten Military
- Priyanka Chopra goes glamorous in Nicolas Jebran backless robe for Pre-Grammys 2020 occasion
- Basketball legend Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- The Kibo Code Review, Bonus: Global eCommerce retail will hit $4.9 Trillion by 2021!
- Kunaal Kyhaan Seolekar expresses his creativity with his marvelous Interior Designing
- Meet World’s Youngest Serial Entrepreneur Akhilendra Sahu
Bollywood4 days ago
Bigg Boss 11 winner Shilpa Shinde says Bigg Boss 13 is completely scripted, blames makers for making the most of contestants for TRP
Lifestyle5 days ago
8 Celebrities Who You Would Never Expect to Own An RV
Bollywood1 week ago
Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol to star in a movie directed by Rajkumar Hirani?
Press Release2 days ago
The Kibo Code Review, Bonus: Global eCommerce retail will hit $4.9 Trillion by 2021!
Lifestyle3 days ago
Meet World’s Youngest Serial Entrepreneur Akhilendra Sahu
News6 days ago
The Kibo Code Review As The Best E-Commerce & Marketing Program
News1 day ago
The Kibo Code Reviews, VIP Bonuses. $491 Off & Its Surprising Results after 30 Days
Bollywood1 week ago
Shah Rukh Khan is lacking the laughter and candid dialog with Jeff Bezos