Feminism in the music industry? Do women deserve more limelight for their contribution as creatives? Well, female rapper Kaliwae shares her perspective regarding this controversial debate. She has just finished recording her new single “Melrose” and is in the process of shooting the video. The lyrics in this song resonate with her ideas about being a woman in the rap game.
Kaliwae insists that it is harder for people to take her seriously, despite her vocal superiority compared to other female rappers. Her close friends have always questioned whether she can release songs that are impactful enough to trigger social changes. She is convinced that such resentment indirectly inspires her to work harder- not to prove her critics wrong but to remind herself that she is a talented woman.
Like most upcoming creatives, Kaliwae consults her mentors. Blueface, who happens to be her sibling also gives her compelling advice on how she can grow her career. “My brother opened the door for me to follow his footsteps being that he is a top 100 billboard artist. He is the epitome of success that I wish to experience in the future.” Kaliwae regularly chats with Blueface, sharing struggles that impact her progress as a female rapper. She insists that family is the best support system anyone can have regardless of differences and perspectives on specific issues. Blueface always reminds Kaliwae of her potential; women need that kind of positive influence in their lives.
The rap game can be difficult based on the fact that successful artists have set the standard that upcoming musicians have to actualize. Kaliwae often thinks about Cardi B, Nicki Minaj and Megan Thee Stallion. All industrious women who have endured unfair experiences while growing in the game. The similarity shared among these famous female rappers is that they countered all odds to become the best. “Cardi for sure has her own lit lane, and Megan is a beast all on her own. Everybody is just lit. What makes me different is how I am coming. I am coming as an unapologetically boss b***h.” Kaliwae is ready to compete and will fulfill all standards. This is one of the ways that she will inspire other women creatives to realize their potential in any endeavor.
In the next year, Kaliwae envisions growth as a female rapper, but mostly as a powerful woman who is able to dictate everything defining her existence. Her fans should be ready to feel her confidence through music and possibly embrace the same energy in their lives. “I hope that a year from now I am motivating millions.”
- Insurance Mogul Calvin Lo’s Net Worth Estimated at $1.7 Billion
- Hollywood and Bollywood Releases in March 2020
- Global Warming melted 20% of Antarctica’s Island snow within two weeks
- KJ VanDerwerken A Leading Innovator And A Rising Star
- Piyush Singh Chauhan: A man of many talents, proving his mettle not only in the educational field but also in the retail industry.
- Singer Derviş İpek Speaks About His Multi-Talented Personality, Says “I Always Try To Be Myself”
- Director Viral Shah gets praised by his Golkeri actor Malhar Thakar
- I am lucky that I got to play three roles in my first Gujarati film, says Khushi Shah on the success of Affraa Taffri
- Jatin Sarna’s performances at Mandi House gets a whopping response
- Sussanne Khan, Hema Malini and Madhu Chopra Attended Sanjay Khan’s Book Launch Event
- Neena Gupta Shared Major Throwback With Sheer Saree and Curly Bob Hair, On-Screen Husband Goes ‘Ufffff’
- Nora Fatehi, one of the fastest growing celebrities, both in terms of Bollywood and Brand endorsements
- Read What Entrepreneur Rajesh Utmani Has To Say On Featuring Well-Known Influencers In His Films
- Rakul Preet Singh’s Casual Look For Sunday Lunch
- TIGER SHROFF AND SHRADDHA KAPOOR PROMOTE BAAGHI 3
- Highest Viewership Rated Korean Dramas On Netflix: Top 5 Korean Dramas
- Mira Rajput And Neha Dhupia Flag Off Mumbai Pregathon: First Group Race-Walking for Pregnant Womens
- According to Ido Berniker success in real estate starts when you believe you are worthy of it
- Meet Dimplle S Bathija – Mumbai’s Renowned Makeup Artist Who Is Known To Give The Best Bridal Looks!
- Iseko Summers 2020 Goes To Mexico! The Ultimate Event For All Business Minds To Be Held From July 16 – July 20, 2020
Technology6 days ago
Medical Technology in 2020: the latest on Tech, Biotech and Beauty Tech in the Medical Space
Bollywood1 week ago
Nollywood-Bollywood picture ‘Namaste Wahala’: First poster out, Check now
Influencer6 days ago
Youngest Digital Marketer – Afzal Anis Is Helping Businesses Grow Online
Technology6 days ago
Fintech Mogul Thomas Carter Predicts Trillion Dollar Cryptocurrency Market Cap in 2020
Business5 days ago
Indian Origin Entrepreneur Karishhma Mago Has Elevated the Digital Marketing Game
Entertainment3 days ago
Mira Rajput And Neha Dhupia Flag Off Mumbai Pregathon: First Group Race-Walking for Pregnant Womens
Bollywood19 hours ago
Hollywood and Bollywood Releases in March 2020
Bollywood6 days ago
Bollywood Celebs Favorite Cafe In Khar, Mumbai: Farmers Cafe. Everything You Need To Know About This Organic, Vegan And Gluten-Free Cafe.