Kevin Zhang is a twenty-three-year-old serial entrepreneur and TedX Speaker who’s classified as one of the only millennials to hit seven-figures in a single year!
In today’s marketing industry, there are a lot of drastic changes happening that affect newbie entrepreneurs who are trying to carve a piece of the pie for themselves.
Some time ago, Kevin was interviewed, and during the interview, he shared a number of changes that will occur this year and how you should deal with them. He also left behind tips that would prove helpful for anyone embarking on a journey of success in this field.
Here’s is the conversation;
What will be the next significant change in the social media marketing world in 2020?
Facebook has been known to make drastic changes to its algorithm yearly. Strategies that were on point a year ago are now worthless.
This isn’t just a 2020 thing, it happens every year, and the strategists that are proactive in navigating these rough waters are the ones who will dominate. If you’re nodding off and being complacent, you’ll get left behind.
And of course, advertising costs have also been rising. They’ve been gradually on the rise, and Facebook has strongly committed to ending “algorithm hacking” to help level the playing field. Instagram influencer marketing is also a shadow of its former self. It’s no longer bringing in the results that it once brought.
Another thing I noticed is that most people are ignoring TikTok and SnapChat. You have to get to them! Their advertising options are getting better, and the most significant thing to look out for is how these platforms are going to change the marketing world and what strategies you’ll need to put in place to achieve success with them.
What advice do you have for newbies who want to earn an income?
Well, eCommerce, just like any other form of entrepreneurship, isn’t a get rich quick scheme. Entrepreneurship isn’t more comfortable than an intense job in the corporate world; it only has the potential to be a lot more rewarding. In life, nothing that’s worthwhile comes easy.
The people that fail are the ones that expect to become millionaires within a month or make a ton of money in the first week. Entrepreneurship requires a lot of work and sacrifice. And in order to be successful, you have to grow a tough skin. I didn’t make a profit when I started, but through hard work, I succeeded.
So if you’ve decided to take eCommerce seriously, you should try and pick a niche. Too many people give attention to things like Google trends and niche finding tools, these tools are useful, but I think people tend to focus on them a lot.
Just because you’re selling women’s suits and someone else is selling a similar product doesn’t mean you guys will have the same odds of success. You should understand that no matter what product or niche you pick, it’s going to be a tough road to trek.
That’s why I recommend you pick something that you are passionate about. Once you find this, all the late nights, early mornings, and failures won’t be as severe as you thought it would.
Lastly, you should be wary of “so-called experts and gurus.” Try to work things out in your own way and arrive at your own opinions.
Do you have any words of advice for young marketers for 2020?
Plan and work proactively, not just working harder and spending more time. Using hours as a measure of impact is an employee mentality, not an entrepreneurial one.
Apart from this, Infrastructure is the secret to scaling once you already have something that’s working. Start thinking of your business like an actual business, not an online hustle. There’s someone on the other end that’s giving you their money and receiving their product.
You can get away with providing no value in the short term, but trust me, the market will punish you in the long run. Lastly, be happy and feel blessed that you’re alive at this particular moment in history. My story and the stories of so many others would not have been possible ten years ago. Don’t lose sight of this.
- Insurance Mogul Calvin Lo’s Net Worth Estimated at $1.7 Billion
- Hollywood and Bollywood Releases in March 2020
- Global Warming melted 20% of Antarctica’s Island snow within two weeks
- KJ VanDerwerken A Leading Innovator And A Rising Star
- Piyush Singh Chauhan: A man of many talents, proving his mettle not only in the educational field but also in the retail industry.
- Singer Derviş İpek Speaks About His Multi-Talented Personality, Says “I Always Try To Be Myself”
- Director Viral Shah gets praised by his Golkeri actor Malhar Thakar
- I am lucky that I got to play three roles in my first Gujarati film, says Khushi Shah on the success of Affraa Taffri
- Jatin Sarna’s performances at Mandi House gets a whopping response
- Sussanne Khan, Hema Malini and Madhu Chopra Attended Sanjay Khan’s Book Launch Event
- Neena Gupta Shared Major Throwback With Sheer Saree and Curly Bob Hair, On-Screen Husband Goes ‘Ufffff’
- Nora Fatehi, one of the fastest growing celebrities, both in terms of Bollywood and Brand endorsements
- Read What Entrepreneur Rajesh Utmani Has To Say On Featuring Well-Known Influencers In His Films
- Rakul Preet Singh’s Casual Look For Sunday Lunch
- TIGER SHROFF AND SHRADDHA KAPOOR PROMOTE BAAGHI 3
- Highest Viewership Rated Korean Dramas On Netflix: Top 5 Korean Dramas
- Mira Rajput And Neha Dhupia Flag Off Mumbai Pregathon: First Group Race-Walking for Pregnant Womens
- According to Ido Berniker success in real estate starts when you believe you are worthy of it
- Meet Dimplle S Bathija – Mumbai’s Renowned Makeup Artist Who Is Known To Give The Best Bridal Looks!
- Iseko Summers 2020 Goes To Mexico! The Ultimate Event For All Business Minds To Be Held From July 16 – July 20, 2020
Technology6 days ago
Medical Technology in 2020: the latest on Tech, Biotech and Beauty Tech in the Medical Space
Bollywood1 week ago
Nollywood-Bollywood picture ‘Namaste Wahala’: First poster out, Check now
Influencer6 days ago
Youngest Digital Marketer – Afzal Anis Is Helping Businesses Grow Online
Technology6 days ago
Fintech Mogul Thomas Carter Predicts Trillion Dollar Cryptocurrency Market Cap in 2020
Business5 days ago
Indian Origin Entrepreneur Karishhma Mago Has Elevated the Digital Marketing Game
Entertainment3 days ago
Mira Rajput And Neha Dhupia Flag Off Mumbai Pregathon: First Group Race-Walking for Pregnant Womens
Bollywood20 hours ago
Hollywood and Bollywood Releases in March 2020
Bollywood6 days ago
Bollywood Celebs Favorite Cafe In Khar, Mumbai: Farmers Cafe. Everything You Need To Know About This Organic, Vegan And Gluten-Free Cafe.